That Doll

That Doll 

Beautiful Dolls

I was lucky enough to find  some vintage dolls on the car boot sale .
They didn’t seem to want this one go for a low price said it came from an old lady who had passed away leaving a collection of vintage dolls. I bought a couple from them the week before then had gone back following week this doll was still on the stall looking at me saying buy me. Very dark eyes
Pale skin and blonde hair. I had to have her even though she had a big pen mark at the side of her face near the eye. After a haggle they let me buy her the dress she was wearing was lovely cotton and lace with blue ribbon trim blue buttons. Renovating dolls is a new thing for me but had removed ink before so knew I could remove the ink from her face. So pleased when the ink came off I sat her on my shelf in the craft room she was different her hair was quite short mmm had it been cut? They did say she was from the 70s so a lot of dolls had shorter hair but I wasn’t sure. All clean and dress and booties washed she sat on the shelf sitting waiting for me to do finishing touches so I can sell her. I pulled her off the shelf but each time there was some reason I couldn’t sell her. I tidied my craft room so haven’t got the same space for dolls any more. She really needed to be finished what was it with this doll. I remembered I had some paints dad had given me. I painted her lips the colour had faded so  then she’d be perfect cheer her up then I could sell her. Took some pictures her hair still looked short wasn’t sure then I remembered the paint had to dry ,should I give her longer hair, what sort of doll was she? Only marks I could find was a z on its side with p on back of neck through it. Been doing some research but cant find it. So doesn’t look like she’s going any where for now that Doll she’s now lying in a basket with her eyes closed.




The mark on her neck


Thanks for reading Julie

Ps The mystery of this doll I have found why I couldn’t sell her she is special and she’s not a girl she’s a boy read my next instalment my next blog that Doll 😮 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my blog it’s been a while

Our case went missing at the airport

Taking pictures